CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Confessions of a Mad Modifier

I'm officially a chronic pattern changer. There is no pattern that I've found that I've not felt would be a whole lot better if I completely redid at least one aspect of it. I once found a sweater at a store that I liked and decided I wanted to replicate. Except I wanted the yarn in a thinner weight, no sleeves, no hood, a different length, a completely different stitch pattern except for some detail work, a different border type, a different type of closure, and a different color. So basically all I really liked was a cable and hole pattern that was on the top of the chest and back and on the two hip pockets. And I'm not even sure I want the pattern on the back.

I'm having to cure this particular urge while doing my test knit. "Well, I like the bonnet but I think I'd rather have a different edging...no! Bad! Checking for errors means doing the pattern as written! Bad!"

This could prove interesting. On the upside, the main portion is done. I just have to knit the border, the straps, and a little flower. I do think I'll skip the little bow at the back though...

0 comments: