CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

I finished the test knit bonnet I was working on! All roads clear and I did pretty much the entire thing by the pattern. I only changed two things: the junction of the attached i-cord border was supposed to be tied together and I thought that was too froo-froo so I did a kitchner stitch to create what WOULD have been an invisible border if I hadn't made the border a hair too long but it's really just a bump now and nothing you'd notice if you weren't me. I also changed the ties and I don't feel guilty AT ALL. The ties were basically 14 inches of garter stitch. I replaced them with 14 inches of i-cord. Oh and I moved the location of the flower decoration, but that part was largely subjective anyway so SCREW YOU!

I'm sorry, I got away from myself there. I've been working on this thing for 3 days and it's full of fiddly bits and short rows and things I didn't know how to do when I got the pattern and I'm tired because I've been staying up late working on it (hence why I'm STILL awake at 9 am). It was a very nice little diversion from the ungodly amount of garter stitch I'm doing on the scarf (which, in hindsight, may be why I was so hot to change the ties on the bonnet).

But it's DONE and now I feel better about going back to the Doctor Who scarf soon and back to the mindlessness. This was a pleasant little interlude even if I don't know when I'll ever wear it. Maybe when I go home for the holidays I'll find an occasion. Or if I manage to make a trip to Portland. But it's done! Done done done! Woooo...*sleeeeep*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it.

Just a small correction (and apparently something that needs to be made clearer in the pattern) - you're not supposed to tie the ends of the i-cord border together. They are supposed to be stitched together to create a nearly seamless join.

Thanks for knitting it up.

Miss Moxie said...

See, I thought it sounded a little bizarre to tie i-cords together but I figured it wasn't my pattern so who was I to judge. I just went back to look and apparently I misread the word "sew" as "tie" at least 3 times while trying to figure the whole thing out. Reading comprehension FTW.